Quaker House at Chautauqua
Welcome to the Quaker House, an environment that is welcoming, inviting, comfortable and respectful for all guests and visitors; a community that is conducive to worship, learning and sharing as individuals and in groups. Our guests, as part of this community, follow the guidelines below.
All guests must be fully vaccinated for COVID 19 according to the CDC Guidelines in effect at the time of your stay.
Check In and Check Out
- Check in Saturday between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
- Check out the following Saturday before 10:00 am.
- Quaker House will be staffed by two Friends in Residence with responsibility for program, house management, and spiritual hospitality. They will greet you at check-in and be available during the week to assist you and enhance your stay.
- Live Independently
- Guests must be able to live and care for themselves independently. Guests must be able to climb stairs; bedrooms are on 2nd and3rd floors with no elevator.
- Observe Quiet Hours
- 11:00 pm – 7:00 am daily and during Meeting for Worship, Sundays at 9:30.
- Display Respectful Behavior
- Guests are expected to be respectful of others at all times and follow all house policies. Should problems, concerns or disruptions arise, the Friends in Residence will serve as information sources and mediators. Guests may be required to leave without a refund for disregarding policies or engaging in inappropriate behavior.
- There will be programs offered at Quaker House during the week. Guests are welcome to participate in these programs. If guests are entering or leaving the house during program times, please do so quietly.
- Contribute to a Welcoming and Responsible Environment
- For fire safety reasons the house must be free of smoking, vaping, candles, incense, smudging and open flame at all times.
- Pet free environment (exceptions may be made for service animals)
- Alcohol free environment
- A “green” environment, when possible
- Reduce, reuse, recycle and compost
- Limit plastic use
- Bring reusable water bottle
- We use hypoallergenic and scent-free products. We invite the use of fragrance-free products, when possible. Scent-free shampoo and soap available upon request.
- Use your earbuds or headphones.
- No unregistered overnight guests
- Children are welcome.
- Minors must be accompanied by adults.
- Parents/adults are responsible for the welfare and supervision of their children.
- Keep Common Areas Neat
- House common areas include living room, dining room, kitchen, lower and upper porches, and a small yard. Guests are expected to keep all common areas neat and clean.
- Washer and dryer are for staff use only.
- Follow Kitchen Policies
- Guests have use of the kitchen, are expected to follow posted kitchen policies, and are responsible for their own clean-up.
- Please note that no meals are provided.
- Media FYI
- The living room TV is for Chautauqua Institution programming. Guest rooms do not have TVs.
- House has free WiFi.
- House does not have a landline; please bring your cell phone and charger.
Follow current COVID regulations from NY State and Chautauqua Institution
- Guests and visitors must have a vaccination sticker on their Gate Pass or wear a mask. If Chautauqua Institution policies or practices regarding vaccination for COVID 19 change, Quaker House will comply with those changes.
- In order to get a sticker, you must bring your Proof of Vaccination (or a copy) to one of the sites designated by the Institution.