Quaker House at Chautauqua
Our goal at the Quaker House is to create and maintain an environment that is welcoming and respectful for all guests and visitors; an environment that is conducive to worship, learning and sharing as individuals and in groups. To that end, we ask that you consent to thoughtfully and responsibly attend to the following guidelines.
Check In and Check Out
- Check in Saturday between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
- Orientation at 7:00 pm
- Check out the following Saturday by 10:00 am.
- Live Independently
- Guests must be able to live and care for themselves independently. Guests must be able to climb stairs; bedrooms are on 2nd and 3rd floors with no elevator.
- The House Manager will not be onsite 24/7; all contact information will be posted.
- Observe Quiet Hours
- 11:00 pm – 7:00 am daily and during Meeting for Worship, Sundays at 9:30.
- Display Respectful Behavior
- Guests are expected to be respectful of other guests at all times and follow all house guidelines consistently. Should problems, concerns or disruptions arise, the House Manager will serve as information source and mediator. Difficult guests and/or those displaying inappropriate behavior may be dismissed from the house with no refund.
- Contribute to a Welcoming and Responsible Environment
- Pet free
- Smoking and vaping free
- Alcohol free
- Fragrance free
- Sample-sized scent-free soap and shampoo will be provided, if needed.
- We use scent-free, hypoallergenic cleaning products.
- Incense and smudging free
- Candle free
- For safety purposes
- Plastic limited
- Bring reusable water bottle
- Use non-plastic food containers
- We recycle and compost
- No unregistered overnight guests
- Tend to Children
- Children are welcome.
- Minors must be accompanied by adults
- Parents/adults are responsible for the welfare and supervision of their children
- Keep Common Areas Neat
- House common areas include living room, dining room, kitchen, lower and upper porches, and a small yard. Guests are expected to keep all common areas neat and clean.
- Washer and dryer are for staff use only.
- Follow Kitchen Policies
- No meals are provided
- Guests will have use of the shared kitchen and be expected to follow the kitchen policies.
- Media FYI
- The living room TV is for Chautauqua Institution programming. Guest rooms do not have TVs.
- House has free WiFi.
- House does not have a landline; please bring your cell phone and charger.
Follow current COVID regulations from NY State and Chautauqua Institution
- All weekly/overnight guests must be vaccinated.
- Daily visitors and program guests must have a vaccination sticker on their Gate Pass or wear a mask.
- In order to get a sticker, you must bring your Proof of Vaccination (or a copy).
GUESTS ARE REQUIRED TO BE FULLY VACCINATED FOR COVID-19 AT THE TIME OF THEIR STAY.